How to control panic attacks?
Panic attacks is a phenomenon that can happen to everyone. But there is some remedies that we can use to calm our selves down.
These steps will help you control your panic attack and calm down.
- Breathing slowly and deeply.
- Anxiety can cause you to breathe very quickly, which makes both the mental and physical symptoms of a panic attack even worse. When you start to feel panicky, be sure to take slow, deep breaths to soothe your mind and body.
- Breathe in as slowly, deeply and gently as you can, through your nose.
- Breathe out slowly, deeply and gently through your mouth.
- Some people find it helpful to count steadily from 1 to 5 on each in-breath and each out-breath.
- Close your eyes and focus on your breathing.
- Think positively.
Push negative thoughts out of your mind, and remind yourself that you are in control. Think about times when you’ve been able to manage situations successfully and reduce anxiety
- Stand up for yourself.
- If you need to leave a situation, do so or tell someone you need to leave. Don’t be afraid to ask for help. Allowing yourself to become more upset will not help if what you really need is to take a walk and blow off some steam.
- Relax your muscles.
- Anxiety causes your entire body to tense up, so make a conscious effort to relax each muscle from your toes all the way up to your neck and face
Avoid caffeine, alcohol and smoking – these can make panic attacks worse