- What measures do you have in place to deal with the COVID-19 pandemic?
You can view our COVID-19 FAQ’s here.
- How do I book a room?
- Select your preferred AXO property on the AXO website (if you have any questions or need any assistance in deciding which property is best for you – just get in touch with us via Live Chat or via one of our other contact methods)
- Click on Book a Room.
- Select the property you want to stay in.
- Select your room (floor plans of the property to see where the rooms are can be found on the property pages of out website)
- Follow the online instructions and submit an application for your property and preferred room type (if you have any questions or problems along the way, please feel free to Live Char us for assistance during the application process)
- You will be asked to sign your tenancy agreement and pay a deposit (which will be returned at the end of your stay pending no debt or damages) and that’s it!
- Once we’ve received your booking, we will send a confirmation email to you.
If you have any issues, please call us at 02033071970 or email us at email@example.com, or you can of course Live Chat us for an instant response during office hours.
- Can I book over the phone?
Although we can give you lots of advice and information over the phone relating to our properties, unfortunately booking can only be done via our website or in person at one of our sites.
- Can I book at the property?
Yes you can! If you would like to drop by one of our property receptions during our opening hours we would be happy to help. If you wish, you can arrange a time to speak to us and also see our rooms, you can book a viewing appointment and this will ensure someone is available to help you. You can do this online or by calling the relevant reception number.
- Can I view your rooms?
Yes, of course! You can arrange a time to come for a viewing here. One of our lovely site team members will be able to show you around.
- Who is eligible to book with AXO Student Living?
Any full time student can live with AXO. If you are unsure as to whether you quality please call us on the relevant reception number to discuss your situation.
- If I am doing an internship / placement year, am I allowed to live in an AXO property?
As long as you are still registered as a full time student and your placement is part of your degree/course then yes, you can still live with AXO Student during the academic year.
Outside of the academic term, some of our properties are able to accommodate non-students and part time students on a short term basis – so do get in touch if this is something you require.
- What happens if I change my mind after booking the room?
You have a 7 day ‘cooling off’ period from the point you pay your deposit as long as the 7 days lapse before the tenancy start date. Once the tenancy has started, you are not able to cancel.
If after the tenancy has started you want to leave, you will need to find a replacement to take over your room. We can advise you with this. Just speak to reception if this is something you require.
- What is a deposit protection scheme?
By law, if you pay a deposit to your landlord or letting agent then they must protect it in a government-authorised tenancy deposit protection scheme. It applies to all landlords and agents in England and Wales who have an Assured Shorthold Tenancy (AST) agreement (the contract) with their tenant.
It was introduced to ensure that you are able to get your deposit back from your landlord or agent when you move out.
- What are the payment options?
There are three payment options:
- UK Bank Transfer.
- Debit or Credit Card – via the student portal
- International Bank Transfer.
International students are required to pay in 1 instalment due in advance of checking in.
All other students can pay in either 1 payment or 3 payments, if they have SFE funding in place, or in receipt of an award letter.
No cash payments are taken on-site.
- How many instalments can I pay with?
Students with a UK based guarantor can pay in up to 3 instalments.
Students without a UK based guarantor are required to pay in 1 instalments.
Students without a UK based guarantor can pay in up to 3 instalments if they use a qualifying guarantor service such as Housing Hand (www.housinghand.co.uk). Please speak to us first if this is something you require.
- Can I make special requests on my application such as living in an all-female flat?
Yes. On our online application you will find a section for additional information. In this section you can state any such special requests. Although we are not able to guarantee every request as it does depend on specific requests, the number of people making requests and the fact that we do not actually allocate rooms until a few weeks before tenancy start – we do try our best to make sure as many requests as possible are met.
However in the vast majority of cases, we are usually able to successfully accommodate requests such as same gender, postgraduate or undergraduate flats. Its a good idea to contact sites to discuss.
- Are the room pictures on the website of the exact room I would receive?
The room pictures on the website are only indicative of the room type and not of the actual room you may be allocated. The reason for this is firstly we have so many rooms across the country, that it is not possible to put an image of every single room. Secondly, we receive many room preference requests from students i.e. female only, postgraduates only etc that we must wait until close to check in to allocate an exact room to make sure we do our best to meet resident requests. However you will of course be allocated the room type you have selected.
- Will I get a chance to meet new people and make friends at AXO?
Yes, definitely! As part of our AXO Life program, we run an extensive events calendar across all our sites. An aim of this program is to allow residents to meet each other and make new friends.
- What are your terms and conditions?
You can view our terms and conditions here.
- What is your complaints procedure?
You can view our complaints procedure here.
- What is your insurance policy?
By partnering with Endsleigh, the No.1 student insurance provider, we’ve arranged contents insurance for all our students staying with us for free!
It is important all students confirm their cover to ensure you understand what is and isn’t covered.
- Which bills are included?
All your energy, water and insurance costs are included in the rent making it easier to budget and your student loan can go further!
Don’t forget to check out whether you will need a TV Licence at https://www.tvlicensing.co.uk as AXO Student Living do not cover this.
- Is there parking provided?
Unfortunately, we are not able to provide parking at our sites. However, there are on street and off streat options available near all of our sites.
- What is the number of devices that can be connected to the WIFI?
The Wi-Fi network has a limit on the number of different wireless devices that can be registered on the network.
The number is devices residents can connect is 3.
- Can I cancel my booking?
There are circumstances in which we can cancel contracts for students who have paid a deposit but have not yet moved into the property.
Please fill in a Cancellation Request Form and a member of out team will contact you within 48 hours.