- How do I book a room?
We have tried our best to make booking a room with AXO as simple as possible.
- Select your preferred AXO property on the AXO website (if you have any questions or need any assistance in deciding which property is best for you – just get in touch with us)
- Click on Book Now
- Follow the online instructions and submit an application for your property and preferred room type
- Once we have received your application, we will send out an online offer to your email address
- Follow the link in your email to access the online AXO portal where you can confirm your offer
- In order to confirm your offer, you will be required to make an online payment of £250 deposit (refundable at check out subject to T&C’s) and a £40 administration fee (non-refundable).
If at any point you require any assistance just get in touch with us. We will be delighted to assist you.
- Can I book over the phone
Although we can give you lots of advice and information over the phone relating to our properties, unfortunately booking can only be done via our website or in person at one of our sites.
- Can I book at the Property?
Yes. If you would like to drop by to one of our property receptions during our opening hours we would be happy to help. If you wish, you can arrange a time to speak to us and also see our rooms, you can book a viewing appointment and this will ensure someone is available to help you. You can do this online or by calling the relevant reception number.
- Can I view your rooms?
Yes of course! All our properties, always have staff on site, however it is best if you let us know in advance the date and time you would like to visit so we can make sure the appropriate person is available to show you around and tell you more about the property and location. Please call or email the relevant property to arrange a viewing time.
- Who is eligible to book with Axo Student Living?
Any full time student can live with AXO. If you are unsure as to whether you quality please call us on the relevant reception number to discuss your situation.
- If I am doing an internship / placement year, am I allowed to live in an AXO property?
As long as you are still registered as a full time student and your placement is part of your degree/course then yes, you can still live with AXO Student during the academic year.
Outside of the academic term, some of our properties are able to accommodate non-students and part time students on a short term basis – so do get in touch if this is something you require.
- What happens if I change my mind after booking the room?
You have a 14 day ‘cooling off’ period from the point you pay your deposit as long as the 14 days lapse before the tenancy start date. Once the tenancy has started, you are not able to cancel.
If after the tenancy has started you want to leave, you will need to find a replacement to take over your room. We can advise you with this. Just speak to reception if this is something you require.
- What is a deposit protection scheme?
By law, if you pay a deposit to your landlord or letting agent then they must protect it in a government-authorised tenancy deposit protection scheme. It applies to all landlords and agents in England and Wales who have an Assured Shorthold Tenancy (AST) agreement (the contract) with their tenant.
It was introduced to ensure that you are able to get your deposit back from your landlord or agent when you move out.
- How many instalments can I pay with?
Students with a UK based guarantor can pay in up to 5 instalments.
Students without a UK based guarantor can pay in up to 2 instalments.
Students without a UK based guarantor can pay in up to 5 instalments if they use a qualifying guarantor service such as Housing Hand (www.housinghand.co.uk). Please speak to us first if this is something you require.
- Can I make special requests on my application such as living in an all-female flat?
Yes. On our online application you will find a section for additional information. In this section you can state any such special requests. Although we are not able to guarantee every request as it does depend on specific requests, the number of people making requests and the fact that we do not actually allocate rooms until a few weeks before tenancy start – we do try our best to make sure as many requests as possible are met.
However in the vast majority of cases, we are usually able to successfully accommodate requests such as same gender, postgraduate or undergraduate flats. Its a good idea to contact sites to discuss.
- Will I get a chance to meet new people and make friends at AXO?
Yes, definitely! As part of our AXO Life program, we run an extensive events calendar across all our sites. An aim of this program is to allow residents to meet each other and make new friends.